Can tell whether boy or girl?

Hello fellow mamas 👋🏻 I'm in my 3rd month and my morning sickness is manageable so far, feeling nausea and retching from time to time but I hardly vomit. I crave savoury & spicy food and fried/soupy stuff all the time, I was hungry every hour up till Week 8. So far I can still eat 3 meals everyday! I'm fine with girl or boy but I'm so excited to know the gender 😄 Mommies here, is it true that a mild case of morning sickness and good appetite means it's more likely a boy? 👶🏻 #1stimemom

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Myth. I had the worse morning sickness from early till end of trimester when I was carrying a boy. I didn't have any morning sickness at all when I carried my girls. I'm carrying another boy and this time my morning sickness is not as bad as previously only during the 1st tri. So yes, it's a myth. You can know the gender if you've taken the Harmony test and find out at 14 weeks pregnant. Otherwise have to wait during your anatomy scan which will be scheduled when you're 20 weeks pregnant.

Read more
4y ago

No problem! Also if you happen to hear people say that if your stomach is round you're carrying a girl. Stomach sharp a boy. Nope. Not true at all. It's already debunked and the shape of our tummy is actually based on our body size so don't believe in old wives tales. My stomach is round and I'm carrying a boy 😅

It’s not accurate. Haha. My first son I had mild case and ate a lot, but now with my second boy, morning sickness was terrible and can’t eat much. Most accurate is to take the panorama or harmony test to find out gender.

VIP Member

congrats dr for ur pregnancy.No dr, we can't guess whether boy or girl, I had both boy and a girl, both my pregnancies are almost same, don't have vomiting for these 2 pregnancies too.

my cravings was spicy food every meal....no sweet dessert...im having a girl...and later stage...if ur dress is pointing out at the bottom...its a boy..if curving in....bb girl...

hi mummies! im currently at my first trimester, having nauseous most of the time and I couldn't eat a full meal thus far. any reccomendation to curb on the nauseous feeling?

4y ago

The empty your stomach is, the more nauseous you'll feel. So eat even if you have to throw up. Eat small meals. Go for bland foods like porridge or biscuits. Some people will recommend ginger tea & all that but it does not work for everyone but you may want to try. You can also get an anti nausea band/sea band at Guardian or ask your gynae for some anti nausea pills.

Sorry, it doesn't link to the gender. Mine are girls and l love girls. Most important is baby is healthy.

I craved spicy and salty food. Mine is a boy. I'm less moody. My guess its High chance a boy

hahha i got hungry every 3 hours, and with zero morning sickness; and its a girl! hehe.

No morning sickness throughout the pregnancy and had a boy.

VIP Member

I craved for sweet stuffs and I'm having a boy! 😅

4y ago

awww I see! thanks for sharing :)