Pil gender bias

Feeling so frustrated with my inlaws … when my husband and I broke the news that we were pregnant with #1, the first thing out my mil mouth is “hope that its a boy”. Omg!!! I felt so irritated then as I felt that no matter if its a girl or boy I will love them equally the same. Fast forward 20 weeks later, we confirmed that we were having a baby boy. And of course, pil were so happy they started clapping in a restaurant. Is it weird that I feel annoyed by their actions? In my mind, its if u want a boy then why not have another one yourself….

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Gender disappointment is real! I’m also expecting #1 and my hubby is only son left in lineage so super stressful for me. Honestly it is our first one so we really have no preference but can tell the elders are all secretly hoping it’s a boy. And we have really hard for baby for a few years. Luckily my pil never outwardly show us their gender preference. In the end do gender reveal when it was confirmed we got a boy we could see it from their reactions which gender they preferred all along. But ya, our parents’ attitudes really can make a difference. Don’t know why some ppl are so insensitive.

Read more