How much milk to drink?

Hi Mummies! I’m a FTM. How much milk should a 5 months 2 weeks baby drink? My LO takes 165ml 5 times a day. I have low supply of BM, so she only latch on once a day for comfort or nap. But she weighs 8.3kg, already at the 97th percentile of the weight chart. My hubby kept telling me based on her weight, she should drink more than the amount we are giving so that she can sleep longer stretch at night. Sometimes when the baby fuss or cries, he think she is hungry. But my baby is peeing and pooping regularly everyday, and is gaining weight. So I don’t see the point of giving more milk to her. In fact, I’m concerned why she is so heavy. Is the amount of milk too much or little for her? #FTM #firstbaby #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is 5 months 10 days old. He is drinking 180ml 4-5 times a day and he’s around 8kg as well. I don’t think you have to increase if your baby is peeing and pooping well everyday. But then again, it’s best to seek advice from a professional.

my boy drink 120ml 3 hrly when im not ard. babies from 1-6mths old shld drink abt 750-1080 ml of milk daily. most impt is pee poo and gaining weight. based on ur baby weight seems to be fine.

my 6mo drink 120ml i just switching from bf to formula , i dnt know why when he drink bf he throwing up it make me worry.