Butt cramp/ numbness on the side

Hi! Does any pregnant mummy experience butt cramps/ numbness on while sleeping on your side? Is it normal? And any idea what's the cause of it? ☹️

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes, I have butt cramps too. Similarly I use a pregnancy pillow and it helps relieve the pain. Sometimes I get my husband to help massage too. as per google: The sciatic nerve runs from the buttocks down the leg. During pregnancy, the expanding uterus and growing fetus can put pressure on the sciatic nerve, causing a condition called sciatica. People with sciatica often experience pain in the buttocks.

Read more
2y ago

Yes imma ask my husband to massage for me too 🥺 thank you for sharing too!!

YES!!!! I suffered from it badly, tried to use pillow n bolster, useless. bought pregnancy u pillow 2 was ago, it totally took away this numbness and cramp from me for 2weeks now. I'm not sure of the cause, but glad I can sleep a lot better now.

2y ago

I wanted to save money and didn't want to get, And save space because big and bulky, but once I had it, I wish I got it earlier. I using the clevamama brand, pregnancy u pilow so that I have support for tummy and back. didn't get those one side only type