Does anybody know of any good saving accounts that can be opened for a baby once they are born, to help save for their future?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also have different savings accts for the kids. Besides POSB & OCBC, I also open Maybank accts for them when they ran a promo last yr where they gave out Popular vouchers. Now they hv a promo that gives KidZania tickets. However, note that if you take all these freebies from the banks, they usu hv some t&cs, like a minimum 6-mth lock-down period. Anyway, these accts all do not have minimum amount balance requirements so it's ok to open a few. But such kids' savings accts interest rates are usually not attractive; better rates to save in their CDA accts instead. For long-term savings, consider endowment or savings plans offered by different insurance companies. We bought 2 such policies for each child so when they turn 18 & 21, they can withdraw for their education. Compare & listen to diff fin'l consultants' views to choose the best one that suits your needs. I also dun believe putting all the eggs into 1 basket

Read more