Need Help..

Did anyone have similiar symtoms such as carpal tunnel during pregnancy. Cause i'm now having carpal tunnel, at 24 weeks having difficulty as my finger feel numbness. How to get rid of this, any ideal? i when to kkh, but the doctor only manage to give me only paracetamol.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wear a wrist stabilising brace (the type that has a metal plate inside it) to “immobilise” the area that is causing numbness and pain. You can buy it off the shelves at pharmacies (3M brand). I have CTS on both hands and I alternate wearing it depending on which hand hurts more. Wear it to bed as well so you get support as and when you need to get up for toilet breaks. Unfortunately, CTS cannot be gotten rid of during pregnancy.. I’ve had it since 3rd trimester and still having it now, hopefully it goes away after birth but gynae advised that it may not as the wrist movement would be heavier when baby comes (carrying, putting down, etc). Hope this helps!

Read more

Wear a wrist stabilising brace (the type that has a metal plate inside) for at least 8hr a day and when sleeping. I’m using the 3M brand one and you can get it from pharmacies. I have CTS on both hands and it got a bit better as I alternate the wearing between left and right hand. Unfortunately, you can’t get rid of this during pregnancy, can only relief the numbness and pain (if you also experience pain at the wrist joint).

Read more

Yes I have! It’s especially bad in the mornings! And my hands become swollen and painful joints. Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do about it. I try to wiggle my fingers and hands as much as I can when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee. Get as much circulation as possible whenever needed. Or whenever I’m awake turning on the bed etc to minimize the ‘damage’ in the morning.

Read more

I had that few weeks back, it gotten better now with the numbness. Not sure if the 2 sessions of acupuncture helped or did it simply got better with time. My gynae gave the green light to try tcm. But if you want to try that, make sure to tell the tcm physician you are pregnant so they avoid certain acupoint.

Read more

Carpa tunnel quite common, my colleague kena this. I dont have this (at least not yet) but I kena SPD instead. Some mummys kena sciatica. Pregnancy a lot of nerve, joints, bone issue =X Doctor also no solution. At most do some light exercise but can't get rid of it...

Yes I had tt during my first pregnancy! damn painful. was wearing brace all the time but still painful. didn't help tt I'm a teacher so the tons of marking made is worse. Doc only gave me paracetamol. had to endure it till aft birth cz breastfeeding also worsened it

I had this throughout my entire pregnancy with my firstborn. Unfortunately, it got slightly better at Tri 3 but only went away when I gave birth.

Read more