Desitin on private area / change diaper brand

Hi, desitin be used on the labia of baby girls? If there is diaper rash even with frequent changing of diapers, does it mean that brand of diapers is not suitable for my baby?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is your baby teething? Sometimes when babies are teething they tend to have diaper rash. Mine will have diaper rash everytime she’s teething. Because of the build up of saliva and acid. Avoid citrus or acidic foods. Watch your food intake if you’re breastfeeding too. Just keep applying Desitin after every diaper change. Meantime, don’t use wipes, use water to clean. Have a small wash bottle with a nozzle handy in her changing area. Use the purple desitin, it heals quite fast. The blue one can use it everyday with or without diaper rash. My baby girl had diaper rash every other month when she’s teething and she will scream murder everytime her diaper is wet or when she poops, and she’s using Drypers. I didn’t change her diaper brand. Just kept washing, drying and re-applying Desitin purple. Don’t wait until many many hours then change diaper. Right after she poops, wash and re-apply. After 1.5hrs or when diaper is wet, wash and re-apply. I have a small hand fan to dry the Desitin after applying so it creates a barrier. Then I’ll wipe the excess on my finger on her diaper. And apply liberally, as much as you want. It will take a few days to go away but definitely works like magic. Or.. she could be allergic to the cream. Maybe you can try a different brand. I’ve tried Sudocrem, Drapolene and the silicone one from polyclinic. Nothing works like Desitin, for my baby.

Read more

Hello, my name is Krzysztof. In short, I was fooled by a dishonest broker who disappeared with my funds a few months ago. I contacted Hack West and gave him everything he needed to help in recovering my 3.4 BTC and I am glad he recovered my money. Although I was skeptical at first, I can boldly tell the world to contact [email protected] or Whatsapp +1 424 307 2638 for all kinds of hacking services. West is always straight forward and ready to answer every question put across to him. Best regards!

Read more

she might be allergic to the cream. my girl had the same issue. so I stopped all creams and use water only. all the rashes gone and I'm still using water only for her.