Female circumcision (sunat perempuan)

Dear mummies (muslim parents), can I check if you mummies still send your female daughters for female circumcision in this day and era? I'm asking coz my husband is a bit unwilling to let our baby girl go through such procedure as we are not able to find any supporting facts in the Quran with regards to female circumcision. I told my mum that I may not send my daughter for female Circumcision however she was kind of upset and the other day she sends me texts saying that my other siblings / her friends keep asking if we have send our girl for circumcision. Any mummies here that didn't send their girl for circumcision and may I know why? #advicepls #firstbaby #1stimemom #pleasehelp #babygirl

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We all can go on & on to debate about this. It's a never ending issue. People nowadays depends on hadith. I was circumcised when I was a baby so yes, I did the same for both my girls. Went to Banyan Clinic and the procedure is harmless, done by Dr Elly Sabrina. It's really a quick procedure and they healed very fast. I find it cleaner otherwise she'll have a little 'extra' meat dangling. Of course it's legal in SG because it is not the same female genital's mutilation like some other countries & cultures which are way more risky or probably deadly as they'll bleed alot. Ours is just a tiny snip of the tip of the clitoris & the recovery period is very short and fast. Diff people have diff views. Follow your gut. If you don't want to do it, don't. If you want to do it, do it. Afterall, you're the mother and she's your child. You have the say, not others.

Read more