Female circumcision (sunat perempuan)

Dear mummies (muslim parents), can I check if you mummies still send your female daughters for female circumcision in this day and era? I'm asking coz my husband is a bit unwilling to let our baby girl go through such procedure as we are not able to find any supporting facts in the Quran with regards to female circumcision. I told my mum that I may not send my daughter for female Circumcision however she was kind of upset and the other day she sends me texts saying that my other siblings / her friends keep asking if we have send our girl for circumcision. Any mummies here that didn't send their girl for circumcision and may I know why? #advicepls #firstbaby #1stimemom #pleasehelp #babygirl

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I had dilemma like you one year ago. My MIL asked and booked the appointment for my baby to get sunat but that time i was doubt cause most of my moslem friends who have baby girl that they don’t make it for their baby according the effect of sunat (WHO statement about FGM {Female Genital Mutilation}) and that is in grey area in islam..because sunat for female doesn’t have benefit and it’s different of male...I debated with My MIL. So, i listen and heard lots of dawah (mufti and ustazah) about the law of sunnat for female..It makes me more confuse 😅😆😂 I sent email to MUIS but I didn’t get the andwer and call to Masjid near my area for asking about that to Ustadzah then I didn’t get call back from them.. My husband supported His mother but he asked me to choose for decision.. So, my decision is do sunat for my baby girl cause I don’t wanna have bad term with my mil because of that and i do that to get more deed cause doing that “more special for girl” (there was hadits about that and there is a mom to take pic of book according that) just bismillah cause of Allah (no doubt and believe it). But when i saw in the procedure, my heart 💔 cause my baby was crying although just a while and the doctor (unfriendly) was fast in rush do that but she cut twice 😣😣 I didn’t ask to her cause I was hurry to make my baby calm and there was long Q after us and they just call another baby. When i reached home that i saw it was long cut in the skin 🥺 😢 and gave paracetamol (2-3 ml) once (to reduce the pain) then for one week, couldn’t clean/wipe with wet tissue. That’s your decision, mommy cause your baby is your daughter and you’re her mother.. If you’re still doubt just leave it/don’t do that cause anything doubt isn’t good (it comes from syaithan) and your husband will support you cause he also unwilling for letting his daughter do that procedure but you have to be ready for facing your mom and other relatives. If you do it, please find the doctor is really professional and friendly for asking about that cause some doctor will show how much it cut/sip) but my bad, the doctor didn’t do that and she was in rush.. Oopss sorry i write too much..I just wanna share my experience..

Read more