Increased nausea and vomitting in week 12

Dear mommies, seeking your wisdom here. My wife was only feeling nausea initially before week 10, and in recent few days she has increased nausea, headache, and started vomitting. Few days back there is red spot appearing on face and neck area, but had disappeared since yesterday. We are actually looking forward to Trimester 2, but the increased morning sickness symptoms is making her feel depressed and I am not sure why this happened: shouldnt the symptom taper off?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi Billy. I believe the headache she’s feeling is tension headache . Can be really really sickening because I felt that during my first two trimester. What I did was to take a quick nap, sometimes the headache just went away. But came back in few hours time 🥲. Told my gynae about it but she just kept telling me to drink more water. I’ve been drinking a lot already but ya. I’m not too sure about the red spot though. Could it be heat rash? Afterall she’s carrying a baby in her so her temperature will be higher than usual which is completely normal. Perhaps she can wear some lose clothing at home? My first pregnancy nausea didn’t stop until end of second trimester. So it really depends on individual. Some people will feel better approaching 2nd trimester some won’t. Some even lasted throughout their whole pregnancy! What I did was to drink as much water as possible and rest whenever I can. Just be there for her and if she have appetite to eat anything just let her eat be it fast food or what. At least she’s getting some nutrients. Also, don’t worry about losing weight because once she hit 3rd trimester she will most likely gain a few extra kgs. I hope she feel better soon! Remember just be there and pardon her sulky face! She didn’t want it either just that sometimes it can be really frustrating for her. Alternatively maybe you can make some soup etc for her to drink if she have no appetite to eat.

Read more
3y ago

No worries Billy. Yes, just be there for her like what you always do. I hope she will feel better soon! ☺️. Rest well and goodnight.

some mummies only experience nausea tapering off middle of second trimester, some have morning sickness that lasts throughout the pregnancy. each pregnancy is different too so it’s hard to say for sure it will confirm taper off. but hope she feels better soon