Postpartum hair loss

Dear fellow parents I'm 6 months post partum and feeling so damn disgusted by myself because of the amount of hair I'm dropping. My hair line is receding and I literally have a terrible bald spot (diagnosed with Alopecia areata) cause of the immense stress I'm under (working from home and caring for my baby alone). Hoping some of you fellow parents or mommies can comfort me or reassure me that my hair will get back in a year or two 😭. Am so so depressed about the amount of hair that is dropping. Also I'm already using hair loss products but still very upset at how much is dropping and how I just don't look the way I used to anymore :( am gonna get treatment next month. But in the meantime please help a fellow mama who is very upset :( many thanks in advance and hoping all of you are doing better than I am :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy! i have bad hairfall too! my hair was very thick before and now it's not. i've been using anti hairfall products and taking vitamins to reduce the amt of hairfall. it's abit better not but still have a lot of hairfall. and my hair looks like a mess with all the small ones sprouting out lol. it will get better mummy! your lo loves you no matter how much hair you lose.

Read more

Hi mommy, i was going thru the same issue 4 months pp. my hair literally everywhere. On the floor, toilet, bed, kitchen, even on my baby. Every shower was horrible cos whole chunk of hair would fall. Now at 8 months pp, i have so much baby hairs. I believe is the shampoo. Been using it since pregnancy time. It’s called phytopecia. A korean brand shampoo.

Read more

i lost alot of hair too...scary esp wen bathing..brushing. yes things will get better after awhile. now ive got alot of baby hair. q

Things will get better. I cut my hair short and its alr better now actually. Previously was terrible 😅