Not taking supplements due to severe morning sickness

Hi all, currently week 10. As I have severe morning sickness (HG) puking multiple times, unable to stomach even water. Gynae advised to stop all supplements as sight of supplements triggered my nausea as well. But I'm a little worried that if i stops folic and fish oil, will it affect baby's development?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Trust your gynae. If you the morning sickness is so bad that you can’t down water then there is really no point feeling bad about it though cos morning sickness can be really bad.. but maybe you can try without the fish oil? Cos it big and have a smell.. so u just take the folic acid first since it’s so small? Then don’t take first thing in the morning if you feel it’s so bad .. maybe after you start your day with a meal that you crave for then u eat the folic acid ? When I started off, if I eat healthy breakfast, it turns me off and I feel like puking so I just eat anything that makes me feel better even if it’s McDonald with ice Milo since my first meal will determine my morning. Sickness of the day.. 😂😂 but of cos , eat in moderation lah ..

Read more
3mo ago

I couldn't stomach my vitamins too and felt guilty. Bought chewable folic acid instead to reduce my guilt and could take it.