Covid Vaccination

Currently 14 weeks.. to take vaccine or not to take vaccine? #pregnancy

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think you can assume you will definitely be exposed to an infected person before you give birth. So this is about how you feel about the risk of endangering yourself and baby by getting Covid while unvaccinated, Vs the risk of any long term effects from the vaccine that haven't been recorded yet the past 1 year. Personally I took the vaccine once I hit second trimester. As to why I think we will def get exposed - with 25 weeks of pregnancy left, 2k new cases a day, and 5 days of infectious period, that's 1.75 million people who will be infectious from now to delivery. This excludes the vaccinated people who will not see a doctor because they have no symptoms, or the fact that we expect daily cases to hit 5k. Singapore has 5.4 million population...

Read more

I waited till third trimester to take my first vaccine coz some studies has shown safer to take in third trimester. But then again me n my family don’t go out so hardly unless medica necessary so expose not expose to outside so can wait till 3rd trimester but if u think u r expose much then maybe it’s better to take it earlier n consult what ur gynae says before taking it coz every persons condition could be different.

Read more

Safer to take the vaccine! Protects you and baby in utero + transfers antibodies to baby through placenta to protect baby after birth. I took my first at end 2nd trim & 2nd dose at start 3rd trim. Do discuss with your gynae also so it doesn't clash with your whopping cough vaccine - standard for preggers.

Read more

took my first dose in week 14. Will be taking my 2nd dose in wk 18. With the rising number of cases, I think it's safer to take.

I toke 2 dose 2 days ago. Still good just abit tired

If gynae give green light then go for it.

i took my 1st dose at 27 weeks 😬

TapFluencer

yes, it's safer

Take.

Take