Ranting: Covid times, Husband and his paranoid family only blame but doesnt help

#covid isolation #ranting #husband #iinlaws it is so frustrating. My husband was tested positive first then fully isolated himself. 2nd day morning, i myself was tested positive too. So I went into isolation but not fully. You see, we have 2 kids, 4yo and 8mths old. We do have a helper. Ideally I know I shld go into full isolation and not come out of the room at all. But with the 2 of us down, how can I possibly just abandoned the 2 young kids and let my helper take care 24/7 for at least the next 3 days? Its going to cause over exhaustion on my helper, especially the kids are extra cranky because daddy n mommy is suddenly locking themselves in the room. I alrdy tried to isolate as much as I can, only when I hear the kids crying nonstop then I went out to help my help. Prior to touching my kids, i change my clothes, wash my hands, wear my mask. These r measures i had already taken to prevent and minimise the risks. But to my husband, it is still not enough. He said when his sis in law gt covid, she locked herself fully in the room and doesnt dare to open door at all. Why she can and I cant? But you need to see the situation right? His bro gt 2 kids, a 10yo n 5yo. His bro is not down w covid. Of course they can manage with his sis in law fully in isolation. My husband can be in full isolation also because the first day I was neg and was outside to help my helper. I request for his parents to come and help, he rejected and said his parents is scared, and would not come. For the record, his parents was down w covid and recovered (test neg) a wk before my husband is positive. And they still scared? He go on to say tell anybody, his bro his sis in law his parents all say i am in the wrong and shld fully isolate myself . Pls, its just his own side of family thinks i am wrong and he thinks the whole world thinks this way too? If none of them wants to help, how can they blame me for not "abandoning" my young kids alone and leaving my helper to "die"? My friends arnd me, my boss n colleagues they can understand my situation and relate when i ask them for advice, yet my husband and his immediate family, people who is supposed to be closest to me and understand my hse situation more than others could not relate?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

they just looking for someone to blame which is so unnecessary. ur husband is supposed to be on your side too!!! 😒 ask him stop comparing with others and just take care of his own kids. many parents still have to handle their kids (without helper even) with masks on and proper hand hygiene. ask them don’t so paranoid pls they probably passed it to your family in the first place. gosh. feel so angry for you

Read more

If I were u, I would do the same thing as it is hard to ignore a 4yo n 8 months kids especially when they r crying. U did the right thing mummy ! Trust yourself ! Just ignore your ridiculous husband ! Just do what u think is best for your kids ! We r here for u mummy ! U r not alone