Is it ok to ignore our hunger pangs?

Constantly hungry in my first trimester and apparently we aren’t needed to gain weight but I’ve already gained 1kg from constant eating.. is it ok to just ignore the hunger pangs?? #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama! Do eat in moderation, wouldn’t suggest u to ignore your hunger pangs. The prenatal supplements doesn’t substitute your meals, but rather it complements. So nutrients from food is still very much needed for bb to grow and develop well! Of course, eat healthy too. You can try having fruits to snack on as well (helps with pregnancy constipation)!

Read more
1y ago

Thank you!! Yeah I’m trying to cut down on snacking on unhealthy snacks 😂

If you are hungry, just eat. Don't restrict yourself from eating because of weight gain. But, also learn to eat in moderation, healthy, nutrious food. Eat food that can make you full in order not to eat multiple times. Or you can eat in small portion multiple times. Choose and plan what suits you best.

Read more
1y ago

Thank you for the reply! Yes I do eat nuts sometimes and plain crackers :)

Just eat!! Don’t ignore the pangs it’ll make you feel worse overall. You can snack on healthy food that makes you feel fuller for longer period of time like low GI bread and edamame peas. Try to eat smaller but more frequent meals. Hope it subsides soon!!

1y ago

Thank you!! Edamame sounds good:)

you won't develop nausea/dry heaves if you ignore your hunger pangs? maybe you can try grazing lightly throughout the day, to keep yourself at a neither full nor hungry state?

1y ago

Initially yes but not really! So not sure if it’s bad for the bb if I ignore the hunger pangs or it’s ok..

Please eat more and eat while you can before you get the food aversion symptom 🫠 im already in 2nd trim and struggling to eat anything else ill puke

1y ago

Oh Man I thought it gets better in 2nd trim>< hope it gets better for you!

listen to your body. just try to eat healthily if you can.