IVF doctor through term?

Is it common for the IVF doctor to see you to term or should one transfer from an ivf doctor to a obgyn? #ivf

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My ivf doctor only saw me till 10 weeks. I understand that not all ivf doctors do obstetrics, so they may not see you throughout. It is fine to change doctor because only a doctor who specializes in obstetrics or has interests in obstetrics will be able to provide you with proper support throughout your pregnancy and pregnancy is different from the ivf process. So you don’t necessarily need to continue with the same ivf doctor. If you’re on a private route, you might want to consider asking around for recommendation of good gynae. If you’re on subsidized route, the hospital will assess and transfer you to a gynae automatically.

Read more

There are IVF doctors who will see you to term although there are some who do not. You should find out about this during your first consultation. Personally I would prefer to just see one doctor all the way rather than change halfway through, but it’s really your preference.

Not all iVF docs in kkh does delivery, so for my case mid- way we have to switch, can’t recall when, probably.. right before the FTS. U can ask a list of recommended docs from your ivf doc in kkh, they will advice you and help u book your first appt with him/her.

2y ago

I was being transferred to sub clinic c after the first scan on w6.

not all ivf doctor does delivery.. and usually following the doctor also mean you will be paying private rate.. so letting one go on sub is also a cheaper option.. you can choose back your doctor anytime

Some ivf doctors they have their own private service as a gynae but some dont. I change to another gynae as i feel my ivf doc didnt really explain things well enough.

Hi, my IVF doctor only followed through till end of trimester 1. Need to look for a normal gynae after that. :)

2y ago

I was being transferred to other clinic after the first scan at W6. But my ivf doc did ask me if i want to continue following him for the pregnancy.

my ivf doc stayed full term with me till delivery but of course need to transfer from sub to private.

depend on individual cause some IVF doctor is not obgyn 😄

I choose to follow through all the way...