Coconut Drink

Is coconut rlly bad for pregnancy before 3rd tri? My mil told me not to drink until im 7/8months pregnant. But in this app its says that coconut is okay to consume during pregnancy? Im currently 20weeks and havent drank any coconut drinks #1stimemom #pregnancy #advicepls

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I drank it since 1st tri as it's one of the few drinks tt reduces my nausea somehow cz I cldn't drink plain water without puking. Pregnancy went well, no GD. Ppl avoid it cz perhaps of its sugar content and it is said to be too 'cooling'. If u drink in moderation shld be ok unless u have GD then better to avoid it altogether.

Read more

Nope! I'm a mum of 5 and have been drinking coconut water since the 1st trimester. Nothing to do with a 'clean' baby cos your baby needs the vernix, the white substance to protect it's skin.

Most will tell you not to drink coconut until 3rd trim as it's considered cooling. But i drank it anyway during my 1st trimester. Just do it moderately! (:

during my 1st tri where i cant even drink plain water. I drink coconut juice. Until now coconut juice keeps me hydrated bec apprntly my baby doesnt like water...

3y ago

(cont) its good to drink coconut juice. maybe its their belief abt cold drinks. but trust your instinct and jus drink in moderation (also a first time mum)

I drank from second tri and increase intake during my third tri. keeps me well hydrated and gives me electrolytes

to old people it's a cooling drinks that's what they don't allow u to drink it's OK to drink in moderation

I didn't abstain from it either! Just drink in moderation, and don't let her see you drink it 😆

I take it in moderation too

TapFluencer

👌