Did any mommy experience low amniotic fluid at week 39 and baby head is still not low. 😩

Just came back from OB and my doctor said bb head is not that low, even checked for opening of crevix but it’s not open yet. Feeling very down and upset, just did not wish to opt for c-sec. Hoping I could do normal birth and bb is fine. Any advice for the amniotic fluid to increase?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, not sure about amniotic fluid, but as for the head part, I suggest to walk as much as u can! It’ll be easier during birth as well. I didn’t walk much during mine, and when my water broke, baby was still high up. So my labour was longer, and I had to push even harder. My nurse told me to push harder else they will have to csect. But I did manage to do natural. Just that it’s harder I guess. More energy, more effort.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi momma, try drinking more water. Hydration is very helpful for upping amniotic fluid levels in women between 37 and 41 weeks of pregnancy. Minimum 3 L water intake.

2y ago

Ok sure, I was thinking to drink coconut water as well. I will try to intake more water. Is there any faster way to dilate naturally instead of going for induce? I’m worried if the intense pain when it is not dilated naturally. 😢