My boy is reaching 1 year ...weight all along 75th percentile... But he eats very little solid... Each feeding us between 3-5 teaspoon of porridge... He can finish half a rice cracker and a few bites of apple.. I'm very worried that he is not eating enough for his age. Do you have similar experience and how and when did you overcome ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

His weight percentile is very healthy! Don't think you need to worry since his weight is ok and PD never mention anything. Does he drink a lot of milk instead of eating solids? 3-5 teaspoon really seems to be too little Solids. Even my gal eating one small baby bowl I also think not enough and her weight is not gaining much for past one month. Is your boy gaining good weight every month? Like 200-500grams. I will be more concerned if he is not gaining weight or his percentile is too low. How many times do you feed solids to him? Make sure you feel him at least three meals and if possible two snacks. Maybe he is one of those kids who eat little bit more meals.

Read more

Hi there. Weight wise I think ur child is doing fine but eating habits have to improve. By 1 year old, their main nutrient intake shld be coming from the food and something like 3 meals a day would be good. Try a variety of food to keep him exposed and interested. The volume that u speak off is really very little. U will also want cut back on the milk, abt 500-600 milk is the minimum, anything beyond this best to give food. Try to build a routine for his meals so that he knows he is suppose to take solids.whether porridge, purée, cereal, sphaghetti, meats and vegetables...the more and the more varied the better

Read more