Travel in first trimester

Booked a trip to Europe months ago but recently discovered I am pregnant. I’ll be 10w+ on departure day and flight time is ard 13-14 hrs. Gynae only mentioned 1st tri could be rather unstable but did not strictly stop me from going. So far I feel ok at 6w, just easily tired and sometimes nausea at night. I’m torn whether to proceed or postpone the trip. Any mummies here travelled in 1st tri before and can share their experience?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was supposed to go on a family trip to BKK for 7 days during end April but decided to cancel as advised by my Gynae. She warned of the street food in BKK and most importantly if anything happen like bleeding or wadever then v ma fan cos cannot seek help from our usual Gynae immediately. But I think it still depend on individual. For my case cos I had slight spotting hence she is extra cautious in reminding me of my priority. Decide based on ur current situation? If so far everything is great and your Gynae didn’t advised u against going then go ahead to enjoy the anticipated trip 🙂

Read more

There's an intoxicating freedom in stepping out of your comfort zone, in embracing the unexpected. It's about losing yourself in the labyrinthine streets of an ancient city or finding solace in the tranquility of a remote natural wonder. Travel transcends geographical boundaries; it breaks barriers and fosters connections. It's the universal language that brings people together, uniting them in shared adventures and mutual understanding. https://azurepalmhotsprings.com

Read more

I travelled to Europe at week 6 right on the day I discovered I was pregnant so didn't have the chance to visit any gynae for advice. everything went smoothly just didn't really enjoy the trip much as will feel tired easily plus baby wasn't craving for the food there. just rmb to check the food that is OK for preggys on this app before eating anything special during ur trip. buy mineral water don't drink their water there.

Read more

Hello. I think that pregnancy is not a reason to cancel the accident. But you need the maximum comfortable flight. I often advise you in this online service https://voyagu.com/destinations/business-class-flights-to-asia-indonesia-bali/ which I usually use to book flights. Experienced professionals have found an option for you. Thus, you can enjoy business class and save about 40% of the ticket price.

Read more

I also travelled to Switzerland at about week 6. I managed to squeeze a timeslot with my gynae before I fly. He said its OK to fly just don't do any dangerous activities. Just nice when we purchased the flight tickets, we booked the business class hence I travelled comfortably. My morning sickness didn't kick in as yet so I could enjoy most of the food but I tried to avoid cheese.

Read more

travelled to Thailand at week 8, no concerns from gynae. thankful that I had a week off from morning sickness that week. but rmbr to keep hydrated, eat clean food and know which food you are supposed to avoid. I did find the flight uncomfortable though. so for your long flight, will be good to move around every few hours.

Read more

Traveling is a wonderful opportunity to explore the world and enrich one's life. Whether it is a new destination or a familiar one, traveling offers a chance to create lasting memories, learn about different cultures, and gain new perspectives.https://www.islandlifecaribbean.com/aruba-snorkeling-guide/

Read more

Traveling can be an amazing experience, whether you're visiting a new city, country, or simply going back to your hometown. Whether you're planning a short trip or a long one, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that your journey is as enjoyable as possible. https://funtripswithkids.com/

Read more

Hi Mummy! Same dilemma that I had previously. I travelled to Europe during my 9th week, my gynae shared that it’s okay to travel so we just proceed. I did put on compression socks halfway through the flight, to prevent leg cramps and improve circulation. Take care!

The flight might be manageable if you exercise good care but not sure if you are travelling free and easy or under packaged tour. There tends to be a fair bit of walking in Europe and on cobblestones/steps. You may want to factor this into consideration.