It is believed that to avoid developing or worsening myopia, we must rest your eyes every 30-40 minutes. The general advice is to look out of the window or take a break outside.Does this really help?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm just speaking from my own personal experience. I practice this and have perfect eyesight since young. At home, I would take breaks even if I was just doing homework (haha... kind of like an excuse to walk around the house and stare out of the window). Just outside my house used to be a big field, so I kind of believe in the idea that looking at green stuff helped. Generally, I think taking frequent breaks is a good habit to cultivate. It not only rests the eyes, also gives our minds a break too! :)

Read more

Maybe it won't cure myopia but it will definitely give your eyes the well deserved rest they need, especially after a long day of staring at computers etc. Personally, I practice something similar, I would look out into the distance after every hour and I don't know if it helps to improve my eyesight but it sure does offer much needed relief.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes...frequent break definately helps. Look far especially tress, plants etc...in general green colour gives a soothing effect. Exercise your eyes also help.