Job woes. Will you stay or leave?

Been in my job for coming 5 years. I do mainly everything in this company. Throughout my employment, my boss / friend has the tendency to shout or scold when things doesn't go his way. When I decided not to endure his verbal abuse, I tendered my resignation. I've tried tendering 3 times the past years. Each time I do so, he will promised that he will change his working behavior then returns back to his old self. It happened again last week, but now I found out I'm pregnant should I leave or stay? What will you do? #jobs #pregnancy #Mom2be

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Jiayou! I was actually searching for new job opportunities when i found out that I was pregnant. I discussed with my hubby and he was supportive of me resigning if I cannot take the stress from my boss/work. But I told myself to tahan, take it easy and don’t let work stress affect me until my maternity leave as we need the money. I managed to tahan until 8 months and it is just a few more weeks of work left before I clear leave/deliver. I also plan to take ML about 2 weeks earlier to rest and prepare for motherhood (ftm)! I think ultimately, your mental health is more important than anything else (prolonged stress is not good for you and the baby). If you really cannot tahan the stress (you will definitely be more emotional as the pregnancy progresses and you become increasingly uncomfortable), then it is best if you tender and don’t think about the benefits you could receive.

Read more

From my husband POV, he feels you should leave as you need ur boss to be more understanding during this period. The last u want is ur boss affecting ur pregnancy . From my POV, if i can take it, I will stay cos I want the 4mo maternity . However, If the boss go overboard & I cannot take it anymore, I will leave. Nothing is more important than the baby

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!

VIP Member

I had some issues with my boss before my pregnancy as well, but when i told him i was pregnant he doesn’t scold me so much anymore, so i just stayed to get the maternity leave and take advantage of the fact that he became softer to me. Although after delivery im really thinking twice of coming back coz our pay is still deducted also

Read more
VIP Member

working during pregnancy is very stressful. i gave up my prev job when i was 7 months pregnant. people say im stupid but i think otherwise. cos to me, my baby matters more than my job. i will suggest to just endure then resign at later stage (after maternity) because you won't be able to find a new job in current situation too.

Read more
VIP Member

For me, I would leave. Yes, been friends for very long but I wouldn't like the idea of being depressed or repeatedly disappointed with empty promises which will compromise your baby mood. Mummy not happy, baby can feel.

3 times already. Better leave if you dun need this job. it will be more stressful mentally during pregnancy. Claim maternity first haha.

3y ago

Haha if i leave first means cannot claim maternity.

See if you can stay in the job, and maybe at week 30? Ask ur gynae if he/she can give u HOsp leave to bed rest till u deliver.

i would advise u to stay till ur maternity ends, (4 mths paid salary, dun waste!)