Egg tofu for 10-11 months old baby?

Hi, My baby just turns 11 months old. Me n husband usually prepare her food to bring to our MIL's place. Just happen last Sunday we left it in the fridge while storing it. so MIL offered to prepare her mashed egg tofu. Can it be given to our baby yet? as I just realised the ingredients contain salt. (", #2ndborn

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have you tried giving your baby eggs yet? As doc usually advise to give white egg first to look out for any signs of allergy. Then move on to egg yolk. If no signs of allergy then can proceed to give whole egg. Allergy to eggs is serious. I have a friend who is allergic to eggs until now, she’s 37 years old. Small amount of salt at that age is fine as long as eaten in moderation. It is also not pure salt given directly to baby so I think should be fine.

Read more
2y ago

Hi, I haven't yet introduce her egg yet.. oh ya, I overlook on that allergic effect (though she has some rashes on her skin). When MIL mentioned egg tofu, I was just thinking it's purely tofu no other additonal ingredients until I tasted it myself. Thanks for the reply on the salt consumption. Hopefully, it's just a small amount (-",.