My baby is turning six months next month and I'm adapting BLW soon. Should I start to wean my baby with purees? Would that be safer for my baby?

3 Tanggapan
 profile icon
Tulis tanggapan

Use the time to find out more about blw and see if it's a good fit for you, your baby and family BLW posits that purees are not necessary, as babies are developmentally able to feed themselves with chunks of whole food from the start. As babies learn to chew and move food around in their mouths, protected by gag reflex, it is not more risky than purees, provided baby is upright and in control of what enters his mouth.

Baca lagi

For my very first baby food, I preferred purees as I was so panic everytime he got gag reflex. So I introduced textures and consistency slowly. Now he's (10 mos) even able to eat meatball. But every baby is different. Perhaps BLW suits your baby, the important thing is you should never leave him/her unattended during the meal time.

Baca lagi

It's really up to you. Purees and cereals are the traditional methods for baby's first solids but there is also a huge following of people who prefer finger foods as baby's first foods. I wouldn't say that one method is more safer than the other.