Just needed to rant!!

Hi all. My baby is turning 6 mo in a few days time. I worked very hard for her to have the routine of eat, play, sleep. Usually her nap time is 2-3 hourly, wake time ranging from 1-3 hourly. Mornings will include 1 milk feed (9-10am) and she will wake up at around 12ish or 1 pm. (I can usually do my laundry and washing during this time) Her next nap will usually be around 3pm - 5pm, shower then by 9pm she will be sleepy. So past few days I went for a family gathering and they kept playing and letting her watch tv nonstop. Ever since then, she refused to nap. Even if she does, it’s a short 10-15 mins nap before she’s awake for 4-5 hours. She sleeps around 11pm - 12 ish now!!! Im going over again (celebration) and I’m really really annoyed by my grandma telling me baby is not sleeping because she misses her and I should give her more tv so that she will be tired despite me telling her baby’s schedule is screwed up after spending 1 day there 😠 She even asked if I can go over earlier so she can play with her more. I know she meant well but I just cannot. You can spend less than 24 hours to screw up a routine that I tried so hard to maintain for months!!!! It’s very exhausting for me as I’m the only caregiver at home. With her current screwed up naps, I can’t do anything. I am very very annoyed 😭 I totally understand that they tends to sleep lesser as they grow, but this is a routine she has been sticking for months and it’s just so coincidental that the entire routine got disrupted after 1 day of visiting. I could tell she’s very tired with all the eye rubs and screaming/crying but she just doesn’t want to sleep😓 Thanks for hearing me out. #1stimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i’m sorry to say that infants routines change all the time.. and hits you wirh a change when you already gotten used to the earlier one. so have to be flexible..

2y ago

Yeah I’m aware of it. I’m just annoyed that my they keep asking me to give tv to my baby even when I told her baby is tired. I’m a SAHM and I follow her routine. I don’t sleep train so whatever timings she currently has is by baby.