my baby is nearly 3months old,he likes to put his fingers inside mouth to suck is it because his growing tooth or something else?I'm wondering...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At that age, babies are discovering their fingers, feet and pretty much how their whole body moves and functions. He is realising how his hands work and how useful they are. Also, he is probably discovering how soothing it is to suck on his fingers :) It's very normal behavior and up to 1/3 out of babies suck on their fingers.

Read more

Like what Yuna mentioned, it is a normal behavior. You baby has simply “discovered” his hands and sucking on his fist is just a self-comforting behavior. You need not be too worried about this. :)

Nope. At 3 months old, he is not teething yet. It is quite normal for babies to suck their fingers at this age. Also ensure that it could be a clue he is showing that he is hungry.

It's normal. My lo still sucking and she is 6 mths old. Either teething or self soothing . Ensure that their fingers are trim often and kept clean

VIP Member

hi.. he is doing exploration.. he might be teething or self soothing.. no worries.. my girl is 8 mth old now and still doing it.. ;)