Is baby lotion and diaper cream necessary? When to use lotion & diaper cream?

Is baby lotion and diaper cream necessary? When to use lotion & diaper cream? Can I use baby lotion as diaper cream?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hello yes baby lotion and diaper cream are necessary. Baby lotion keeps baby's skin moisturized. To begin with you can use fragrance free lotion. You can apply the lotion once you pat dry baby after bath. Diaper rash cream or diaper balm can be used twice or thrice a day after you change diaper. this to to avoid redness or rash in the diaper area. I used Aveeno lotion to begin with for a month, later switched to Cetaphil. Diaper cream Desitin or Earthmama. Hope it helps

Read more

For me, I don’t use diaper cream for every change. But used it when the baby is having diarrhoea as the frequent wiping and washing may course the skin to tear. Having tried so many diaper creams in the market, I swear by TriDerma diaper rash relief which was introduced by the Paed.

I use diaper cream all the time, and we didn't have any issues with diaper rash since baby born 4mths ago. it also gave us the flexibility to try different diapers. these creams also made baby skin better moisturized as well so don't have butt acnes

mustela diaper rash cream is good and diaper rash cream really does help prevent or reduce redness. baby lotion is good too, i apply it on my baby's legs, body and hands, avoiding the fingers as he puts his fingers in his mouth sometimes.

I don’t use baby lotion.. diaper cream I apply when I see redness. I use powder most of the time to keep folds dry..

Baby lotion for dry skin or for baby face. Up to you. Diaper cream is a yes. Prevention is better than cure.

diaper cream yes.

Mustela