Red patch and spots on my 7wk old baby

Hi my baby have these red patches on his face and spots over his chest and limbs. Anyone able to advise? We went to KKH to check but they can’t give us a conclusion as to what is it. Please help? Thank you! #firsttimemama

Red patch and spots on my 7wk old baby
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It somehow looks like baby pimples and turned to eczema.. My baby had e same when she was ard 3 weeks old.. It took her a few weeks to slowly recover but once you got eczema it will be a lifetime skin condition.. but this is not any life threatening health issue, just keep baby’s skin clean and moisture as and when needed will do.. If skin flare again, with more than one area of red patches den need to get steroid for baby.. (only Dr can prescribe, which I personally not recommend to my own baby on using too much steroid).. Try to use Cetaphil cleanser (those that you can always find everywhere) as a replacement as baby’s shower soap/shampoo..

Read more
Post reply image
2y ago

Thanks! He has more now compared to yesterday. Eczema will be itchy right? But my baby did not scratch his face whatsoever. The doctor didn’t say it was eczema, only told me to monitor and make sure he doesn’t have fever in the next 5-7days. It’s so worrying and I don’t know when it will eventually improves, so heartache to see his body and face like this. He’s still feeding well and pooping well, just that I’m not sure if he’s uncomfortable or not

VIP Member

Looks like baby acne!

2y ago

I thought so but it has been going on for awhile and the red patches on his face are getting more. Red spots started appearing last evening , spreading to limbs as well. Baby acne is like this?