Baby underweight? People keeps commenting on baby size.

My baby girl is 5.1kg at 16weeks original pd mentioned she is underweight and have to take apeton to up her weight. But we visited another pd and he said baby growth is normal and not underweight. Baby is on full bottlefed bm but doesn’t like to drink much milk and drinks about 590-620ml per day. But first pd said baby should alr be drinking 900ml per day. Although second pd say anywhere between 500-700ml per day is okay. Baby is very happy and hitting all her milestones well, in fact she is hitting her milestone faster than her age. But people around keep commenting on her size and it makes me very stressed out and angry. People keep asking why she is not chubby despite being on bm and it’s getting very annoying. She still have rolls on her arms and thighs but just not very chubby. It is normal? #adviceplease

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby drinks around 500-750ml (also full bm) per day at 4mo, she’s naturally on the smaller side but everything healthy. Even so, now she’s 27m, she only weighs 11kg but milestones and everything still achieving. Don’t bother about those who keeps making unneccesary comments about my baby’s size. When my baby is 5-6m, people thought she’s like a year old (cause her cheeks chubby), now when she’s actually turning 3, people thinks she’s 1 😒. Mine didn’t even have rolls at 4mo despite her chubby cheeks 🤷🏻‍♀️. What I can say is, the 500-700ml intake is normal because when bb goes for checkups at PD/poly, they didn’t raise any issue with her milk intake.

Read more

I think also depends on you and your husband's size, if both of u and Ur husband is on the smaller built side then baby is ok to be smaller too. my baby also drinks about 700ish even though she was born on the 90th percentile and slowly dropped to the 25th percentile, was also concerned and went to Kkh dietician and speech therapist but all say she's ok. she's a v healthy 18m old now so I'm less worried alr

Read more

My baby also on smaller side, and around that weight at 4 months. Very hard to gain weight and height. Even now at 6 months still at lower percentile. But im not soonstressed abt it as long as he has good diaper output, not dehydrated, drinking well and sleeping well.

I wouldn’t bother too much. Being healthy and happy (and clever 🤣) are more important than being big in size. And baby’s appetite may changed once she starts eating solid. You be you, the good mother of your child. The world can shut up.

Read more

Please trust your instinct mummy. As long as your child is active, healthy & catching up with all milestones is fine already. Body weight doesn't really matter. It can be annoying & stressful but neglect all those alright. ♥️

I don't know what's with people's obsession with fat babies. and then people get fat shamed when they are no longer babies.

Don't need to care what others people say ours baby health and strong that enough for mom already cheer

I think normal.