Jaundice level going up

My baby is exactly a month old and we have been going to polyclinic for weekly check ups. The levels were dropping each visit but this time when we went, the level increased. I’ve been feeding BM in the day and FM at night as recommended by my PD previously. Anyone encountered this before? The level is around 140+ now and polyclinic referred us to KKH to do an ultrasound for his liver. Should I be worried or is this normal?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wake your baby up every 3 hours to feed your baby. Your baby needs to eat,pee and poo in order to get the jaundice level to go down. Do not sun tan your baby coz baby skin is delicate and you are just exposing baby to uv and harming your delicate skin. If really no choice,ask dr if possible to do phototherapy first and monitor instead of ultrasound liver.

Read more

Hi mummy. My baby has jaundice too since birth and lasted for about 2 weeks. Jaundice level was higher than yours at 250. What i did was to frequently feed her every 2 hrs both FM & BM. Even if baby asleep i will wake her up for feed. Baby needs to poop alot as the bilirubin comes out from the poop for the level to go down.

Read more

Try to ‘sun tan’ as much as possible for the baby. I have same issue as you. But jaindice level drop alot after 1 week. On FM all the way.