Food processor yay or nay?

Hi! My baby can eat solid soon. I have a slow cooker which I can cook porridge. Do you think if I should get a 2in1 steam and blender food processor ? Is it useful or necessary ? Thank you!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends actually. I bought one from Shopee ($40) to steam and blend. I think I used for a couple of months after that I switched to porridge and Peachy purée. I also poured some BM into a food cube tray so I can easily mix to make mashed potato or add in to Gerber Organic Rice cereal. Personally, I think it’s better to buy a hand blender, it works wonders especially when you can make a lot of food combinations with porridge after baby turn 6 months. Cause you can actually control the consistency.

Read more
VIP Member

I think no need . baby only needs fine puree till 9-10 months . After 9-10 months, baby should start eating mashed puree , little bit small small chunks should be ok which will help him to learn to chewing the food . I did mistake with my elder boy . till 3 years I gave him fine pureed form and now he only likes to eat pureed form which is not good at this age.

Read more

I bought it, but used barely a few times cause it was a hassle to wash it. Tbh, I used a slow cooker more than the blender, and once my LO is older about 9 months, she started some forms of minced protein, so dont find it really useful afterwards.

i just steam the food over stove and then use a small blender from taobao (~$15) to blend. agree with the mummies above, they only need blended food for a few months so i think it’s not worth to invest on a food processor

No. I cook normally and mash it. And after maybe few months, need to start eating more chunkier food, so I feel is a waste of money

It depends on the mom. I just steam and mash manually and it is fine for me. Plus portion is so small, no big deal.

VIP Member

I personally feel that it’s useful! Can steam and blend with the same equipment

VIP Member

I feel that it’s useful and convenient for me. My girl eats lots of puree

TapFluencer

slow cooker is good enough 😊