At what age did you start doing drop off classess for your LOs? Mine is 3 and I feel that she is still not ready to be left alone.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine 22mths. Little children are actually more flexible n "versatile" than we thought they are. For a start they will cry-that shows their bonding with you n it's normal. Usually give them at least about 2 weeks but each child is different. Mine cried full half day for first 3 days n I tot it will never happen that she stop crying. But 4th day on she was adapting and following week she went to Sch without crying and I was surprised. So she took about 1.5wks. I guess I'm the one with more separation anxiety than she was. She was crying inside I was outside though I didn't let her see. As children can feel your emotions and sees your uncertainty. That makes them scare too. Because they look up to you and if you are not certain, they see it as unsafe. Prepare your child by bringing them to the Sch looking from the window, describe what they are doing. Read to them books on going to Sch. When you know the schedule or routine of the Sch, try to start the same routine at home prior to attending. Eg, sleeping time, feeding time. Hope this helps.

Read more
8y ago

Oh and to add, she has attend full day since a Mth after enrolling and she's adapting very well on Sch now. Picking up new skills and more independent now. She's interacting more words and her understanding is unbelievable. She will come home telling us w