Consistent spotting

Hi, anyone with similar experience? About 5 weeks pregnant. I have consistent light pink to red spotting for 6 days. Went to the doctor on 5th day, he did a check and an transvaginal ultrasound. According to doctor, the bleeding was ok. But I’m still worried that this will result in miscarriage. Should I ask for second opinion or get higher dosage of duphaston? #firstbaby #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had consistent spotting; I define it as daily .. and minimum a couple of times (could be more fresh spots in day) I don't recall for 1st pregnancy... though at week 12 I had a big bleed... a&e visit, threatened miscarriage. progesterone supplements saved the baby (now turning 5) my second 2018 pregnancy, there was consistent spotting from week 6 that ended in miscarriage at week 8. and consistent spotting for my current pregnancy started week 5... I went to (different) gyne (for location reasons more than anything) with the history and got progesterone again and took it thru to week12. we are now at week18+6 *fingers crossed*

Read more
2y ago

Hi, thank you for sharing. Currently my spotting is like red for 5 days and may fill a panty liner in 4 hours. Hopefully to pull through.

I have experienced the same. Mine lasted weeks and was given progesterone. I was told at week 7 onwards, your body will develop more progesterone naturally. Spotting stopped at week 8. Doc said spotting is common, but not normal. Hence must monitor, try to have more rest and don’t carry heavy stuff. But should U experienced cramps at the middle of your lower tummy, pls go hospital straight. That was the advice given to me.

Read more

Hi, i had on and off pink, red and brown spotting throughout my 1st trimester. Throughout that period, I was given duphaston as well as injection to stabilise my pregnancy. If your spotting getting slightly heavier, is best to visit hospital and have a scan. Now I'm at wk29 pregnancy and so far baby is healthy & well! 😊

Read more
2y ago

Ok thank you for the information!

you can always seek for second opinion but for my case I have spotting during the early stage of pregnancy and was told it's normal cause of implantation bleeding if I am not wrong.

Super Mum

If it gives you peace of mind, definitely seek a second opinion!