Jan 2022 edd covid-19 vaccine

Anyone with Jan 2022 Edd taking covid-19 vaccine? Contemplating though gynae encouraged to take from 2nd tri onwards ##advicepls #COVID_19

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

im EDD 7 Jan and actually almost took the vaccine 2 days ago - I was actually all for it and gynae also told me to take it - but when i went to the polyclinic they insisted for me to go through a consult to be told all the risks (which actually is more of them saying they dont know what will happen to the baby, but then at the same time telling me i should take the vaccine). the mixed messages made me hesitant and i decided to hold till my next gynae appt next week to discuss again. felt quite upset by the whole experience :( not sure if others have had any similar encounters! adding on to this i do feel with the virus still spreading so widely everywhere and having another almost 6 months to go, feels like is impossible for me to lock myself at home and dont risk exposure - i think i’ll still take it but will also see what my gynae says!

Read more
3y ago

adding on to this, i had my gynae appt yesterday and told her what happened - she said that MOH has been told off that this shouldnt be happening and we’re not supposed to have to bring letters with us. she encouraged me to still take and also said that in the event i do catch covid, i’m likely to have worse symptoms - some that i’ve read also mention losing the baby in order to save the mother. my hubs also went to enquire when he did his second jab and it seems like its polyclinics who are extra kiasu, there is actually no standing instruction for this memo thing. i am also extra pissed cuz the polyclinic just sent me a bill for the ‘consult’ that they force me to do - its not much money but i’m planning not to pay and complain to MOH cuz i just feel like we shouldnt be treated this way.