Jan 2022 edd covid-19 vaccine

Anyone with Jan 2022 Edd taking covid-19 vaccine? Contemplating though gynae encouraged to take from 2nd tri onwards ##advicepls #COVID_19

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

im EDD 7 Jan and actually almost took the vaccine 2 days ago - I was actually all for it and gynae also told me to take it - but when i went to the polyclinic they insisted for me to go through a consult to be told all the risks (which actually is more of them saying they dont know what will happen to the baby, but then at the same time telling me i should take the vaccine). the mixed messages made me hesitant and i decided to hold till my next gynae appt next week to discuss again. felt quite upset by the whole experience :( not sure if others have had any similar encounters! adding on to this i do feel with the virus still spreading so widely everywhere and having another almost 6 months to go, feels like is impossible for me to lock myself at home and dont risk exposure - i think i’ll still take it but will also see what my gynae says!

Read more
3y ago

adding on to this, i had my gynae appt yesterday and told her what happened - she said that MOH has been told off that this shouldnt be happening and we’re not supposed to have to bring letters with us. she encouraged me to still take and also said that in the event i do catch covid, i’m likely to have worse symptoms - some that i’ve read also mention losing the baby in order to save the mother. my hubs also went to enquire when he did his second jab and it seems like its polyclinics who are extra kiasu, there is actually no standing instruction for this memo thing. i am also extra pissed cuz the polyclinic just sent me a bill for the ‘consult’ that they force me to do - its not much money but i’m planning not to pay and complain to MOH cuz i just feel like we shouldnt be treated this way.

Please join this chat and decide: https://t.me/SGVaxxedWomen My edd is in April 2022, I’m afraid of taking the vaccine due to little research done on it and insufficient data that it is safe to pregnancy and unborn child . And I don’t want to take the risk to my baby, as the consequence will be long term. On the flip side I’m worried of catching COVID as well especially how the govt has been dealing with the situation so far, opening up etc, the vulnerable will be most affected. My Gynae says it’s okay to take but advises me on a step by step approach to take each trimester at a time and consider again later.

Read more
VIP Member

Hello! My due date is on 12/01/2022. I was supposed to get a vaccine last Friday but prior to my appointment I gave my gynae a call to check if it’s ok, she said better not and asked me to do it after I give birth. Which then I cancelled the appointment immediately. I’m not too sure why because I’ve read in alot of mummies group and word of mouth that lots of pregnant ladies had taken the vaccine and they are all ok. I’ll be going for my 16th week check end of this month and I’m going to ask my gynae again. But as for now I think I will just follow her advise.

Read more

Hi. EDD Jan 2022 too and I just took my 1st dose of Pfizer today. Has checked with my gynae previously who said it’s ok to take from 2nd trimester onwards. The counter staff at my vaccination centre asked which doctor I consulted with and needed her name, so if you’re taking it, perhaps can prepare the dr’s name in advance. I did ask some other pregnant ladies previously and they only experienced the usual side effects (sore arms, fatigue, slight fever etc.) Will update if I have any side effects in the coming days! - SS

Read more
3y ago

An update. I only experienced sore arm at the injection site, mild fatigue, and headache that started a few hours from the vaccination till 1 day after. It’s been 2 days since my first dose now, and I’m feeling well today. No more side effects :) - SS

I’m 1 jan EDD, I already am fully vax, took both early second tri. Effects I just had sore arms, took a nap coz I felt more sleepy on the day itself. Took Pfizer at CC, consulted my gynae, he gave his opinion but decision was mine. I did a lot of research on findings for the vaccine, also weigh out that if I got Covid without any vax versus as fully vax which I’ll still get Covid, but hopefully not so serious that I gotta take very strong meds.

Read more

EDD in end of Nov 2021 and had my first jab last Sunday (ard 21 weeks). My gynae advised me to take the vaccination in my 2nd trimester. I did some research prior to discussion with my gynae and decided to take it afterwards. I did not experienced any side effects after the first jab, other than sore arms. I will have my 2nd dose first week of Aug. My friend who is pregnant as well experience the same thing, we both take pfizer.

Read more

EDD 2 Jan 2022! Took my first dose Pfizer yesterday, just arm sore, all else is good. When i was at the CC, i told the vaccination jabber I’m pregnant, she also say its ok for preggers to take as long we have seek gynae advise and no complications in pregnancy or any medical conditions. My gynae also strongly encourage to take to protect ourselves and the baby! It’s all good, don’t think too much.

Read more

will be taking my first dose in week 14+ 15. I've thought long and hard before this and wanted to wait for novavax or till I pop. but now, looking at the rising cases locally and globally, the situation looks like it'll only worsen by a lot. plus working in a higher risk frontline job .. so I need the protection, even if it comes with the slight risks

Read more

EDD 3 jan 22. My Gynae told me it’s ok to take the vaccine. But when asked abt long term effects, he said no one knows as vaccine is only out for a year. So im still contemplating as well! Cause on the other hand, can pass antibodies to baby and be on safe side if I take. But taking vaccine during breastfeeding time can pass too. 🤔

Read more
3y ago

breastfeeding antibodies do not last the same way as when vaccinated during pregnancy. it'll get digested and gone after that

hi. my edd is 31/01/22. but many advised me to only take after giving birth. i did some research and they mentioned that pregnant women CAN take the vaccine but recommended NOT to. so i guess play safe for the baby and our well being, i decided to only take after birth.