Sleeping Woes

Anyone like me facing this? Sleeping about 10+ and find yourself waking up to toilet urgencies at 2-3am, and have trouble going back to sleep. This has affected me quite a bit as it will take me another 1-2hrs before I can fall asleep again. And I have to wake at 7.45am to prepare for work :( Can't sleep even when I leave my phone aside. I never used to have such issue before pregnancy. Is it happening to just me? I've just entered my 6th week and this started happening in the midst of week 5. #1stimemom #firstbaby #pregnancy #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Absolutely normal but it's really really frustrating! I had the same issue when I was pregnant and I just couldn't sleep after that toilet visit around 3am. It got the worst for me third trimester. Sometimes I end up being awake till dawn :/ I don't check my phone too and just rest in bed even if I can't fall asleep. Hang in there! It went away after pregnancy for me.

Read more
Super Mum

Yes it is very common to get insomnia and frequent pee in the first trimester 😔. Had it for both of my pregnancies. It will get better though, hang in there! If the morning you feel too tired it's OK to drink a bit of tea or coffee as long as you don't exceed 1 cup a day.

Yup very normal. I'm still having trouble with sleep at 2nd trimester. I can sleep early and wake up an hr later. 3rd trimester will be worse. It's how your body is preparing you for all the late nights wake up once your baby is out

Yes! me too. took at least more than half an hour to go back to sleep. i just entered 6 week too

4y ago

wow👍 half an hr im still trying to sleep🤷

It is very normal and it last me even till my trimester 2.

thanks Mummies ❤️❤️❤️