36 weeks plus

Anyone have delivered in NUH? What goes on during labour and delivery? I’m a first time mum and I am feeling really nervous. Would like to be mentally prepared.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

- gave birth to my 1st at NUH and 2nd one will be there too. - so once u have signs of labour (e.g. waterbag broke) call the number they gave u before heading over. this is so they can prepare a labour room for u. - getting to the delivery suite is new. last time just go a&e but now have to head to the place directly. After my next appointment, I'm going to try finding the place and I suggest u do the same. so when the day comes, ure not lost. - upon reaching they'll get u to change, strapped up to measure contraction, explain to u the pain reliefs they offer - they'll check on u and your dilation on & off and ask how r u coping with the pain. during any of these time, if u want any pain reliefs, must tell them - once you're dilated enough they'll come more often. but trust your body. for me, the nurse said not yet but I felt the need to push and I pushed and then they panicked because apparently my dilation went from 7 to 10 (not exact numbers but it's dramatic like that) real quick and baby is crowning. - doctors come in and u deliver

Read more
7mo ago

Omg, thank you so much 😊, they have given the map as a guide, it’s at Zone G have to take the lift at Lobby A.