36 weeks plus

Anyone have delivered in NUH? What goes on during labour and delivery? I’m a first time mum and I am feeling really nervous. Would like to be mentally prepared.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

- gave birth to my 1st at NUH and 2nd one will be there too. - so once u have signs of labour (e.g. waterbag broke) call the number they gave u before heading over. this is so they can prepare a labour room for u. - getting to the delivery suite is new. last time just go a&e but now have to head to the place directly. After my next appointment, I'm going to try finding the place and I suggest u do the same. so when the day comes, ure not lost. - upon reaching they'll get u to change, strapped up to measure contraction, explain to u the pain reliefs they offer - they'll check on u and your dilation on & off and ask how r u coping with the pain. during any of these time, if u want any pain reliefs, must tell them - once you're dilated enough they'll come more often. but trust your body. for me, the nurse said not yet but I felt the need to push and I pushed and then they panicked because apparently my dilation went from 7 to 10 (not exact numbers but it's dramatic like that) real quick and baby is crowning. - doctors come in and u deliver

Read more
6mo ago

Omg, thank you so much 😊, they have given the map as a guide, it’s at Zone G have to take the lift at Lobby A.

Like once you arrive to the delivery suite, what do the doctors or nurses do to us, like injection and epidural and stuff.

All the best to you sister.. I have just delivered mind at 2.41am this morning.. NUH staffs really made it a lot better...

6mo ago

Congratulations 😊

what do you mean by what goes on? the process?