Unbearable vaginal itch and dryness during pregnancy

Hello all, anyone has itch during pregnancy? It gets so unbearable and tempting to scratch but i try not to. So i wash more often, uses feminine wash but it gets so dry after due to frequent washing. And when i do scratch, sometimes it bleeds cause accidentally scratches too much on the skin and it hurts so bad to pee and wash after that 😭and it could be and feel fine today then suddenly it itches like hell in the evening. It gets so frustratingg! I have yet to ask for medication from my gynae but i have tried moisturizing, using cooling pantyliner to divert the pain and itch. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt.. And im so shy to let gynae check me below cause i cant shave properly due to my big bump (due in june) 🥲 Anyone has the same too?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

thought I was the only one and I can totally relate to this! I do tend to scratch my v especially when I sleep (can't help it sometimes) so last 2 weeks, I went for brazilian waxing (I'm at 39 weeks now) which helped alot as I think the itchiness partially came from the rough short hairs poking at each other. I didn't shave my below anymore as I noticed it just made the itchiness alot worst. Trying getting yourself Brazilian waxing! I also change my pad every now and then because of the discharge. I would recommend putting coconut oil as well as mentioned above.

Read more

Because of hormonal changes and body let out vaginal discharges that has pH imbalance hence mummies may feel dry, itchy, redness, odour, greenish, etc. So you should speak with your gynae, get a cream and apply. Avoid steroid, stop using whatever moisturizer and feminine wash. Use silk panties and stop using pantyliner. Use this method for time being and go speak with your gynae. Nothing to be shy or worried about because most mummies will have it. If you don't then when can your vaginal area get better.

Read more

Not recommended to use feminine wash actually as it will dryout and alter our vagina’s PH. Which may make it more irritated. Best to go to gynae they will check if you have any infection. Dont be shy with gynae, just have a mindset whereby theyve seen thousands of different vaginas😂 and not shaving is perfectly normal. I also go gynae never shave

Read more

My gynae also don’t recommend washing with feminine wash. She recommend just using water is fine.

Gynae prescribes me cream to apply after applying few time, I don’t feel itchy anymore.

1y ago

Sorry I just saw this. I think best is check with ur gynae. Cause recently I went to see doc and found out that I got infection and need to insert the bullet to clear the infection. After inserting I realise not itchy anot.

Apply coconut oil do not scratch it works well