Dry, flaky & itchy scalp

Anyone experience dry, itchy and flaky scalp during pregnancy? I actually had this since Jun, been to doctors twice tried Dermasone & Ketanozole 2%(only tried once till I found out I am 5 weeks pregnant and don’t dare to continue) , bought other shampoos as well like Selsun blue(contains ammonia) & just started on Sebamed everyday shampoo but it doesn’t seem to get better. The 2nd pic was the amount of flakes on my pillow. I wash my hair everyday because it’s very itchy. I don’t know what I can use to relieve me, anyone had the same problem & resolved the issue? When I try to put fish oil the other day, my flakes became huge & yellowish I stopped.😖😩😭#advicepls #FTM

Dry, flaky & itchy scalp
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

in my 1st pregnancy I had such issue also. even my eyebrows were peeling. I checked with my gynae and she said it was okay to use Hydrocortisone cream in appropriate quantity. I used it and it managed the situation. currently on 2nd pregnancy and having similar issues..

8mo ago

yes yes, I was told it could be fungal. but using the cream in small quantities wnt affect baby...

VIP Member

Umm have u tried olive oil? Can get pure olive oil from polyclinics pharmacy. Dont get fragranced ones from outside. It will slough off the skin from the scalp but probably make ur hair limp. Might wanna use at home or at night?

8mo ago

No I have not tried olive oil. Tried moisturising which lotions or the fish oil once, but the white small flakes become oily sticky bigger pieces that tend to stick to my scalp. 😫So I am so so confused what exactly my scalp needs. Thinking it’s dry & looks dry, I thought moisture is what it needs but it’s also not soothing the scalp. But I might try to see if I can get olive oil and use sparingly. Thank u for replying 😊