Anybody knows what's good for expediating recovery of wound? i.e. insect bites

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1, Wash the area, relieve any itching or swelling by applying ice pack 2, If baby is in pain from big bite, give infant paracetamol or ibuprofen. Concern doctor to know the dosage. 3, stop ur baby scratching at bite. scratching damage baby's skin & cause infection 4, Based on the bite severity, u could also use antihistamine cream. However don't use if ur baby's skin is broken.

Read more

I have two natural remedies for insect bites. 1. For any irritating bite - rub with the inside of a banana skin - it really works. 2. A teaspoon dipped in HOT water and the tip applied to a mosquito bite breaks down the enzymes, protein, or whatever it is that causes the itch. (Sometimes needs repeating a couple of times)

Read more

You can try putting a cold compress or ice pack on the insect bite to reduce the swelling. The cold compress will also temporarily help relieve the pain and itching. Whatever you do, do not scratch the insect bite, it will leave a scar.

if possible avoid putting hot pack as it makes it worse.With ice pack it helps cool down and u can put axe oil do not put an oil like tiger balm as its hot.

I tried lucas' papaw ointment and it works wonders. I also use breastmilk which is the best and most natural 'ointment' for wounds!

Aloevera gel works to reduce itch. Please patch test before applying any products though it may be natural.

Dilute apple cider vinegar and apply on the wound. It helps prevent infection and promote healing.

A drop of lemon juice on a mosquito bite will do the trick-takes out the itch and no swelling.

Hi, you may find this article useful: https://sg.theasianparent.com/heal-baby-scars

TapFluencer

Zambuc or papaw ointment