no heartbeat

Hi! My age is 39, I have been gone through so many miscarriages. I went for scan today. Doctor said no heartbeat. going to be 8 weeks soon. Is there any thing with my pregnancy? #help

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi babe, don’t give up. I tried IVF (frozen & fresh cycles) 3X in PTE NUH, used up all Gov subsidies. In 2019 & 2020 I suffered 2 MC but I conceived naturally during these 2 pregnancies. This year Feb I conceived naturally again and I’m currently at 31 weeks. So don’t give up hope, u are not alone in this journey and I’m 41 this year if it encourages u a bit. Age is just a number, babe. So long u trust trust that u WILL HAVE a baby/ babies ONE DAY. Drink ginger tea ( those sliced fresh ginger) in the morning , wear socks at night, drink red bean soup, monitor your ovulation ( if u don’t find it overwhelming). Life as per normal, and miracles will happen. Baby dust on u 💖

Read more

i am 37 and also went through 2 mc, 2 failed iui, 1 failed ivf and was lucky to be successful on 2nd ivf attempt and gave birth to a bb girl this yr. based on my past exp, by 8 weeks no heartbeat, success rate of continuity is quite low though there still might be exceptions. i wish u all the best, if it doesnt work out, try to prep your body for 3mths before trying again with supplements, heathier diet, exercise, TCM and reduce stress lvl. same goes with hubs. it worked for me.. *hugs*

Read more

so sad to read this. i’m gg through my second m/c and both times were due to no heartbeat. doc offered to do chromosome testing for us and a suite of other testing. my hub and i decided not to go for it as most of the time the tests are not conclusive. we will try again after my body has recovered. TCM really helped as i did TCM after my first m/c and my period got very regular and hardly painful. don’t give up. hugs.

Read more
VIP Member

hi I am also 39, same issue last year MC due to no heartbeat, need to flush out using medicine . .lost my last xmas but did a mini confinement and apparently Ur body will recover faster n more fertile n try 2-3mth later, tcm also help . . try again but don't stress urself. . no one fault if it chromosome issue, just unlucky!!

Read more
2y ago

u ladies have tried ur best. don't give up! rooting for u

I had 2 miscarriages also. Went to TCM. She said I had cold womb. I went for acupuncture treatment for about 3 months. Didn't drink any cold drinks for a year. Wear long pants and socks at home. Finally successfully conceived on my 3rd try. I am now... 7th month pregnant. Maybe you can try this too.

You might want to consult your doctor to seek explanation of the reason above. But, I do know there are risk of pregnancy above 30. Statistic and figures are only explainable by doctor. Maybe doctor will have a follow up check up on this.

If you have been through recurrent miscarriages, you may want to consider doing karyotyping tests for both yourself and your hubby to rule out any chromosomal issues. Take care, pray and have faith that you will be blessed with a healthy baby.

2y ago

do you know roughly how much it cost for the karyotyping tests?

You can also try to seek second opinion, did your doc mention is that’s normal?

Not sure if you’re on folic acid but it will really help a lot!