Anyone experienced migraine? I'm 10 weeks,I have had migraines every now and then. Any advice?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i’m in week 10 as well and also experiencing migraines daily since week 9. I googled and it seems the causes are due to fluctuating hormones and poor sleep quality (this is true for me as my sleep quality drastically decreased since i got pregnant. I.e. wake up 1/2am everyday to pee and cant sleep after). My next gynae appt is mid Jan and i’ll check in with gynae to see if it’s normal. Will keep you posted after. In the meanwhile i’m avoiding panadol as i dont want to grow dependent on it.

Read more
4mo ago

I had migraines usually when I have menses...I din expect to have migraines now that I'm pregnant. will keep panadol at home now. thanks for the advice

I went through the same during week 9 until week 12/13.. migraine every single day, panadol and taking extra nap time doesn't really works for me. Ask my gynae about this and she said that this is normal for 1st trimester which is annoying. Warm bath and massage works for me to lessen the throbbing pain for awhile. Just keep taking lots of nutrients food and drink up ok!! 17 weeks now and i feel so much better!! you can do this!!! 💓💓

Read more

I’ve had migraines even before prepregnancy but I can take medicine back then. During pregnancy it got worse and to make it worse, I didn’t have any medicine to take (I am allergic to Panadol). I cried myself to sleep everytime I had migraines. If you can take Panadol (the basic one), then take it but just take note on the dosage.

Read more
4mo ago

hi thanks for the advice will buy normal panadol.

I had migraine too at wk 9 & 10. Not sure its the hormones or the caffeine withdrawal effects. I ate the normal panadol as I really can't take it. I also wake up twice every night to go to the toilet. now i try to reduce my water intake after 7pm to prevent from waking up too many times.

4mo ago

for me previously it's menses n weather that cause me to have migraine...but ever since I got pregnant the weather have been cooling n no menses. so it should be the hormones