Confinement nanny or helper

Hey#adviceplease anyone have tried to not hired a confinment nanny ? Since you ald have helper to help you? Is it manageable?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on how strict you are with pantang. Recovery wise, I was able to manage myself post natural delivery. Didn’t need help to move around. Is your helper able to cook confinement meal? (Unless you’re not fussy about ensuring to have confinement meals). Will you be ok with the level of knowledge of your helper in knowing about confinement rules? Is your helper knowledgeable enough in caring for a newborn? Newborn may be fussy the first month as the baby is adjusting to the world. Also, if you’re just having your helper, will your husband be proactive enough to alleviate your stress? If everyone in the house has little knowledge it may be stressful. Whatever it is, if everyone is willing to put in effort and work together, should be alright 😌

Read more

FTM here so not speaking from experience. I’m getting nanny even though already have helper cause I want nanny to take care of me, cook confinement food and advise on what’s right or wrong for me and for baby. Helper is take instruction from me only, and her experience only comes from other mommies she assisted before.

Read more
4w ago

So it boils down whether you believe confinement food and herbs can aid in your body recovery or not. If you don’t believe then don’t get the nanny. No point getting nanny if you going to throw away her food or not follow her rules (true story frm my friend)

I did not hire a nanny but I ordered confinement meal catering for a month. Mainly also because my mum was at home and was helping out with my baby. Also boils down with how pang tang you are.. for me, saving money mattered more so we decided we could do without a nanny

For the helper to do both is abit hard based on experience! But u can order a confinement catering and let helper help out with others so she wont be overwhelmed and lessen the risk of mistakes while handling the baby. :)

Didn't have a confinement, nanny since I have helper. Worked fine for me. Now going for #2 again not hiring confinement nanny, but ordering catering since my mum not around to instruct the helper on how to cook confinement foods

3w ago

If u are keen to get a confinement catering let me know! im letting go mine cheap, dont need it already🫣 who knows it might help!

I have a helper but getting a nanny as well cos I have a 18m old so want my helper to rest properly at night so daytime she can look after. nanny can then help out with night feeds and caring of newborn

Does your helper know much about doing confinement to heal your post birth body and cook nutritious food for you and help you take care of baby well?

3w ago

Wow then don't get a nanny since u are doing things on ur own and there seems to be unnecessary stress. If the helper can help w the daily chores, I think it's quite sufficient. Cos main help u need is the food for urself and probably the herbal bath. Other than that, it's just feeding and bathing baby

u can order confinement food and helper to help you