9MO not interested in solidssssss

My 9MO still not opening mouth when presented with food. What should I do? Tried baby food. Tried porridge. Tried finger foods.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi. stressed not. as long as you're still giving milk and your LO is not losing weight ntg to worry. I've seen my neice who is a yr older than my girl shows her interest in food when she's 1.5yrs old. she doesn't take any solids before that and would just throw the food when tried feeding her. just keep trying once a day and don't stress yourself. keep reminding yourself that every baby has a different milestone. if your LO don't take the food presented, it's okay. you'll know when your LO is ready and interested in food. (; you're doing well mummy!

Read more
VIP Member

I am facing the same thing too! Shes about seven now and just screeches like a nazgul (lord of the rings reference🥲) with every scoop. But she eats everything else aka toys books puzzle mats omg. What else should we try? Have u attempted baby led weaning? Like steam apples and carrots to pass the squish test and let baby pick up and play and explore. Im still at porridge stage so im hopeful next month might be better. The funny little baby biscuits maybe? Keep us updated please haha

Read more
TapFluencer

it was difficult with my kidz too but just keep at it with variety of food ranging from plain tasting to mashed fruits 💕

My 6MO only interested in solids. he doesn't want to drink milk, sigh

3y ago

My girl is like this too. Try giving milk first at usual feeding time and solid 1hr later. And pd says as long as the weight gain is on track, it’s ok. It’s also better as there are many parents who bring the babies to see him (pd) after 1yo complaining that their kids not eating solid at all

Try feeding solids first instead of milk?