My baby won’t go to sleep

My 3 weeks old daughter is suddenly very awake and doesn’t want to go to sleep. Used to be easy, feed and she’ll be sleepy and just put her back in cot. Only fusses when diaper is soiled, and when she’s hungry again. Now she’s not having it. She’ll go quiet during feeding and unlatches from the mother after she falls asleep, put her in the cot and she immediately stirs up and cries. Carry her and cradle her and sing to her and she doze off, put her back in and cry again. Checks her diapers and change, feed again in case for comfort feeding. She falls asleep and put her back in cot and immediately same thing happens again. This can go on for hours! Instead of 2-3 hours feeding interval it’s become 6-7 hours of just cradling and re-latching just to keep her at that “sleep mode”. We are at our wits end. Don’t know what to do! #pleasehelp #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure if it’s the same issue as mine. My baby refuses to sleep in his cot. It’s not really a hungry/diaper issue. At this age, he could be seeking comfort. Mine was the same. He will wake up and cry after 15-20min in the cot. I end up putting him on my chest. He sleeps well there. Could go for 2-3 hours before waking up for milk again. Slept on my chest till he’s about 3-4 months. Then we co-sleep. It’s not the best advice cause it’s quite dangerous to put baby on chest unless ure awake. But I was quite a light sleeper and I will wake up if he moves, and we didn’t have any issues. Just be careful if u wanna to try this. Or maybe one of u could be awake to keep watch? Or sleep on a padded mattress on the floor? Sometimes they just want to feel safe. At this stage, they like our presence and feel safe when listen to our heartbeat.

Read more