Pelvic Girdle Pain

29 weeks pregnant #pleasehelp my work involveds lots of standing. And now i have this pain on the left side of my thigh (my bikini line) and im basically limping. Im not a private patient so i do not have a specific gynae. Any mummies experience the same thing? Did you go to A&E to get this checked out or your gynae and did they give you any medication or leave? Im really lost because im afraid my employers will be mad bur i cant walk properly. It takes me 1-1.5 hr to travel to work… please help..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

babe if you're experiencing such pain, I think you should talk to your employer to see if they can make arrangements to lessen the need for you to stand for long periods of time. I had a few occasions where my back really hurt after long hours of walking but it would go away after I do some stretching or after some rest.. thou the dull ache seems to be there all the time.. if yours is really bad, you probably can go see a doctor but I'm not sure what kind of pain relief they can provide you.. perhaps you can also request for a memo so that you can use that to request your employer to lessen your standing/walking hours. Take care!

Read more

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can try a maternity belt to help reduce the pain from standing?