Breast pump

1) First time mummy to-be! I need suggestions. Should i invest on an expensive breastpump which cost like $400plus or just buy an affordable brand one which cost less than $100? Dont want to be splurging on an expensive breastpump but end up getting disappointed. But i intend to breastfeed my child! :) any opinions? 2) Also, which is better? A hands-free breastpump or normal one? Help! Ty in advance!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm using Spectra S1 (less than $300), a much better pump than Philips Avent. I thought I had low supply initially because with Philips I barely managed to pump 2 oz. And the flange was too big for me. Was so stressed in the first week when my baby had to be in NICU and I cldnt pump enough for him. But when I switched to Spectra S1, cld yield much more. I like Spectra too cz u can buy different flange size (if the standard 24 or 28mm are too big for u). Other pump parts like the duckbill also can be easily bought frm Shopee. Duckbills need to be changed quite regularly. While Spectra S1 is bulky, it's portable so u are not confined to a socket. I tried handsfree pump called BabyBuddha but it just didnt work for me. My boobs are on the bigger side (D cup) and even when wearing a pumping bra, it just doesn't fit well. Perhaps more suited for smaller chested moms. Babybuddha is popular in US, got it frm my cousin. If u buy Spectra u can also purchase its handsfree flange on Shopee. Otherwise can try BabyExpress or Elvie pump which can hide the pump in ur bra. My friend who uses Elvie says the suction is not bad but she doesn't like the bulky look when u cover up. She's a C cup. Perhaps such handsfree pump wld be ideal for B cup and below.

Read more

I'm currently using Haakaa for my 10 day old baby because of the great reviews. Non-expensive, wireless and works really well! Just put it on one side of your breast when your baby is nursing at the other side and the pump will collect your letdowns. So far, I'm able to freeze bags of milk and so happy with it.

Read more

I used spectra and it’s good. Maybe you can get a portable breast pump (if you are working mum) for use when you return back to work. I get the hands free bra instead to hold the bottle so that I can do other work at the same time while pumping.

3y ago

What is ur breastpump brand? Does all handsfree breastpump comes with the bra?

Spectra s9+ costs you $300+ in retail stores, my husband bought from Qoo10 only $98. Came in perfect working condition except instructions are in Korean lol. Worth it? DEFINITELY! Saved us soooo much!

Spectra S1+ is reliable and great! If you’re going back to work and will be pumping, S9+ works well too for me!

VIP Member

Spectra is good and definitely worth the investment if you are a working mum

try haakaa pump. lots of good review. very affordable too.

Super Mum

Spectra s1. Not expensive and do the job well