Stop breastfeeding

I’m a mum of 2, my first born is now 3 and my second is 2 months young. I breastfed my first for more than a year, mainly pump and feed, and latch only for comfort. Now the breastfeeding cycle is back, and tbh it is damnnnn tiring.. I don’t enjoy it. To me it’s like a chore, very time consuming and I will have curfew, I can’t enjoy my outing because at the back of my head it’ll be all the time schedule for the next pump. Not just that, the engorgement is a bytch! Omg! Currently at 2 months pp, I’ve dragged my pump intervals to 6 hourly, 10 mins each side so I don’t trigger to produce more milk, and I will have about 100-150ml in total for every session. Now, I’m thinking of dragging my intervals to 8 hourly. But I’m in dilemma of doing it.. I feel guilty for my second born.. because if I do drag, I will produce lesser and lesser which means she will not have breast milk for as long as her brother. Can mummies out there share your thoughts. What do you mummies do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i just still don't understand how mummies find the time to pump and latch their babies. respect you for that! i had a few weeks trying to pump but i purposely let one side engorged when i was in 3-4 months pp so that i could give a whole lot of milk at night. i gave up because pumping was harder than latching and it was just a hassle. i mean pumping also stimulates and produces milk but i don't want to have engorgement unnecessarily too. i'm just glad my first-born latches okay and never had any issue with it. but stopped at 6 months cuz we travelled alot and breastfeeding - keeping up with the schedule is already hard enough. what else pumping. 😫 do what you can. we will always have some guilt in us but i believe we are also doing what's best for baby and ourselves. i hope you'll make a great decision and also prioritise and think of yourself too. ✨

Read more
1w ago

Hi! Thanks for sharing your breastfeeding story! 🫶🏻 pumping is such a chore really, that 20 mins session felt like 2000 mins, with the baby crying and only want mummy 🫠 my first-born latches ok too, perhaps this is why we can go beyond 1 year. Baby 2 prefers bottle over breast when she’s hungry, if I offer my breast she’ll latch on and pull off and then gets really angry! Only when she needs some comfort then she latches ok. That’s why I’ll have to pump.. and I do get engorgement from time to time, if that happens I will latch baby too. It is all just a phase, I know it will all pass and one day I will look back today and smile that I’ve made it through. Thank you for your encouragement, it means a lot to me. 💫💖

Transitioning away from breastfeeding can be a difficult decision, especially when balancing the needs of multiple children. It's important to prioritize your own well-being and mental health, as being a happy and fulfilled mom is essential for your family. If you're feeling overwhelmed and breastfeeding feels like a burden, it's okay to consider alternatives like formula feeding or gradually weaning off breastfeeding. Remember that every mother's journey is different, and there's no one-size-fits-all approach. Talk to your healthcare provider for personalized guidance and support, and trust that you're making the best decision for you and your family. For more insights and support from fellow moms, check out Mama Adoptation https://www.mamaadoptation.com/. Take care!

Read more

Hey I’m in the same dilemma and situation but recently came to terms that I ain’t going to breastfeed my second for as long as first born because every pregnancy and baby is different. No guilt and shame! Formula is good too and you can mix feed. Your sanity is utmost important because you are not caring for 1 kid now but 2. Different ball game, different strategy/approach. If it means shortening breastfeeding then go ahead.

Read more
1w ago

Hey! Thanks for sharing! 🫶🏻 yeah totally agree that caring for 2 kids plus breastfeeding isn’t easy! With my firstborn he has all my time and focus, but now I have to multitask my first my second and my 2 sisters 🤦🏻‍♀️ It is just a phase, it will all pass. Jiayou and all the best to you mummy! 💖

Coba pakai produknya mama's choice bun. https://shope.ee/9KLw1ZdiEL . Produknya sudah sesuai anjuran IDAI dan FDA, 100% aman. Bisa cek langsung di tokonya >> https://shope.ee/9KLw1ZdiEL , lagi ada free gift barang seharga 87.000 dan voucher diskon 100.000 bun. 5242988

My friend breastfed her firstborn for a year then the second one stopped after a few months and third one from the start gave formula. All turned out fine :) just do whatever makes you happy!

1w ago

Hi! Thanks for commenting! 🫶🏻 yes sanity is more important!

research shows that just 10ml bm is enough for a child to benefit from it everyday you can start a freezing system and alternate with fm.

1w ago

Hi! Thanks for the information! 🫶🏻 baby is doing mix feeding, and I’m also freezing my milk! ☺️ but somehow feels that baby prefers fm over bm.. from the way baby finishes her milk 🧐