Pregnancy Tips!

Hey y’all! Me and my hubby just found out we’re preggo! I was hoping I could get some tips and tricks for managing my lifestyle during my pregnancy. Thank y’all! #adviceplease #attentionallmommies #1sttrimester

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

congratulations! 👏🏻 I have a relatively easy pregnancy with no nausea/ vomitting, no heartburn, slight breathlessness and not much swollen limbs or aches. and I want to tell you that this is what you should be framing your mind to how your pregnancy should be. full of ease, enjoyment and humbled at how your body can do to grow a baby! Read up on books like the womanly art of breastfeeding & birthing from within. these 2 books change my life. understand how a physiology birth works, and decide if you want to hire a doula who works for you and only you. plan and plan for your postpartum. talk about your child rearing philosophy, have then aligned with your partner and whoever's supporting you for postpartum. gather your contacts! from birth workers to body workers. to holistic and alternate healing folks. you'll need them more than any other times in your life. and if you do feel any discomfort, lean into it. your body & your baby is telling you something. be curious as to your food cravings and adversion and seek for a healthier alternative. have a homeopathy home kit with you. it has all the natural remedies you need to support you through pregnancy, birth & postpartum. I regret not knowing about it soon enough as I have a back labour. could have used it to support me then. last but not least, pregnancy is the most amazing personal development journey you'll ever go through. you'll be highlighted about your deepest fear, your traumas, your lineages issues. Birthing, is the most transformational time of your life. you literally cross the realms to welcome your baby to earth. Parenting, is the most challenging time where you are forced to do inner work to the issues that you have that'll keep surfacing. I leave you with my favourite mantra through my pregnancy, birth & parenting journey - Trust your body, trust your baby & trust the process. We carry along the ancestral knowledge of how to conceive and birth lives. trust yourself. you and your baby are one in this pregnancy journey. let no one doubt what you think, and what you want.

Read more

Congratulations! Try to relax and eat healthily so you'll have a healthy weight gain. From 2nd trimester onwards when the pregnancy is more stable, you can start to shop for baby's stuff or even better if you are blessed with hand-me-downs from friends! Really saves you a lot of money as expenses will go up as they grow. My friends passed me a cot, playpen, stroller, car seat, sterilizer and lots of baby clothes and I could use the money I saved for things like diapers, their insurance policies and even plan small trips to nearby countries when baby is more than 1 year old. It's also more environmentally friendly as these things are usually used for a short 2-3 years and gets thrown away even though it's still in good condition. But most importantly, stay happy and try not to be stressed out during pregnancy. Happy mummy happy baby! 😊

Read more

first and foremost, congratulations! happy to share. 1st trimester, nausea/vomitting after every meal, headache that doesn't go away, sleepy in afternoons. 2nd trimester, energy is back but due to growing baby, might have some pains coming out but i personally enjoyed my 2nd trimester the most. occasionally nausea/vomitting will come back but thats when your appetite comes back. 3rd trimester: PAIN AND PAIN AND PAIN! Cannot sleep. exercise also feel tired and breathless, hip pain, lightning crotch. enjoy ur pregnancy!!!

Read more

Congratssss! Rest and sleep! You’ll need this alot :) you can get a pregnancy pillow to help you sleep more comfortably especially when u grow bigger in 2nd trim! Try to cut down on unnecessary sugary food / carbs to reduce the risk of u getting gestational diabetes! Reduce intake of spicy and fried food if u experience heartburn! Go for prenatal yoga and do kegel exercises after your first trim - helps relieve some pregnancy pains and prepares your body for delivery :)

Read more

Eat all you want before the morning sickness hits!! Its perfectly normal and okay to suddenly be lazy all day dont feel like doing anything. When you have morning sickness, eat in small portion, frequently. Dont worry when losing weight, baby wont be affected. Same goes to when you fall sick like cough flu or even covid. But ofc check with doc also if severe symptoms. Sleep as muchhh!!! I miss my sleep (‘: sleep deprivation starts during 3rd trim

Read more
VIP Member

Hello!! First and foremost, congrats on your pregnancy! Are you based in Singapore? My company is holding a maternity workshop and I think it’ll be really useful if you need any tips!

Congratulations! Get all the sleep and nap before baby’s arrival. Seriously 🤣

👍

TapFluencer

🎉🥰

👍